Here are this week’s stories:
- FDA: The FDA is changing the medical device approval process. See the FDA announcement (HT: Eye on FDA).
- FDA II: Little progress on more FDA independence and power in drug safety reviews (An appropriate lament by Tom Lamb).
- Heparin: Congressional examination into the contaminated Heparin debacle (HT: FiercePharma).
- Tylenol Recall: Seems we just went through this. Here’s another one, affecting infant/children Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl. See the recall notice.
- Pain Pumps: Drug and Device Law Blog’s view of the recent MDL denial.