Here are this week’s stories:
- Vioxx: See Shearlings Got Plowed for a quick summary of the Australian Vioxx trial. Good news.
- Defibrillator Battery Recall: 5,418 battery packs used in Lifeline AED and ReceiveR external defibrillators are recalled. See the FDA’s notice.
- Scientist-CEOs: Should pharmaceutical companies bring back the scientist-CEO business model?
- Kickbacks and Hip Implants: Read about a former umpire’s quest for justice when a hip implant fails, and he finds out about the moneyed relationship between his surgeon and the medical device manufacturer.
- Benicar: The Drug Injury Watch has a post on the possible dangers of Benicar.
- Motrin’s Phantom Recall: See Brian Nash’s blog for his take on the J&J recall.