Here are this week’s stories:
- Blood Products: The FDA hit the Red Cross with $16.2 million in fines for blood safety violations. Maybe I should take my donations to the local hospital, instead…
- Hormone Therapy: Pfizer needs to get ready to try its hormone therapy cases all over the country, now that cases have been sent from Arkansas to their home states (with more awaiting transfer). Some think the upcoming cost will be an incentive for settlement. (HT: Bloomberg).
- Zimmer: The New York Times reports on a fallout between Zimmer and its former consultant, Dr. Richard Berger, over failed knee implants.
- CT Radiation: More on the CT radiation overexposure issue.
- Digitek: The Drug and Device Law Blog reports on more problems with the Digitek cases.
Happy first day of summer!