Last week was a busy one–our firm had two trials (one continuing on this week with closing arguments tomorrow), and one that concluded very favorably with a plaintiff’s verdict. But now that I’m back, here’s this week’s edition of the Round-Up:
- The Sixth Circuit and Preemption: As mentioned by Drug & Device Law Blog, the 6th Circuit wants the FDA’s viewpoint on preemption by July 29.
- Testosterone Gel: The Drug Injury Lawyer Blog reports on the links between testosterone gel and heart attacks/strokes. We’ve blogged about Testim, one version of the drug, before.
- Fosamax: I’m really sorry to have missed reporting such a big event. Here’s a bunch of stories on the $8 million plaintiff’s victory in the Boles Fosamax trial: Drug Injury Watch; Shearlings Got Plowed (victory notice)(post-trial motions)(next trials)
- Vioxx: Can Louisiana sue Merck to recover for money spent on Vioxx?
- BPA: The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) sued the FDA over the FDA’s failure to ban BPA in selected products. We’ll see how that goes… Here’s an update on BPA from the FDA.
I hope you had a happy 4th!