Time to wake up and face the week! Here are the stories we’re following:
- Avandia: The U.K.’s Guardian blogs about GlaxoSmithKline’s potential $6 billion liability. @TomLamb and I are skeptical.
- Vioxx: Australian judge finds for plaintiff in defective drug lawsuit against Merck, though rules that Merck was not negligent. (HT: Pharmalot). Merck’s press release is here.
- FDA: The FDA is going to step up criminal prosecutions of corporate officials.
- 510k Approvals in February: See the list here.
- Direct-to-Consumer Advertising: BigPharma’s DTC advertising increased by a “paltry” 1.9% in 2009, but Pfizer leads the pack with $1.1 billion.
- BPA: Wisconsin is added to the list of states banning BPA in baby bottles and cups.
- Nerd Link of the Week: You’ll just have to click to find out…