Here are the stories we’re following this week:
- Fosamax and Statute of Limitations: Recent Fosamax case and application of American Pipe mass tort/class action tolling (HT: Drug and Device Law Blog)
- Drug Pushers: Are sales reps who promote their companies drugs with direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising “pushers?” (HT: Pharma Marketing Blog)
- Anemia Drugs: Anemia drugs by Johnson & Johnson and Amgen may exacerbate heart problems and survival in kidney patients (HT: FiercePharma)
- Price-fixing: According to a Bloomberg report, Germany cuts costs of drugs by precluding manufacturers from setting their own prices.
- Neurontin: Reuters reports that Pfizer loses a RICO trial to the tune of $141 million.
- Boston Scientific Defibrillators: Another perspective here. You can see our previous blog post here.
- CT Scan Radiation: New York Times article about whether FDA ignored warnings about radiation problems.