Here are the stories we’re following this week:
- Pfizer: CNN reports on why Pharmaceia, Pfizer’s shell company, “took the fall” for Pfizer’s illegal marketing practices
- Crestor: will the marketing campaign persuade people to take it when they don’t need it? (HT: Patient Safety Blog).
- Seroquel: Two more summary judgment decisions in Delaware (HT: Drug & Device Law Blog).
- Fosamax trials: Scherlings Got Plowed has an update.
- Children and Medical Devices: The FDA is requiring medical device manufacturers to provide additional information on the effects of their devices on children.
- Pfizer Discloses Payments: Pfizer disclosed $35 million in payments to healthcare professionals in the last half of 2009. The payments were for development and marketing. (HT: FiercePharma).