Here are the stories we’re following this week:
- Infusion pumps: The FDA is tightening regulation of infusion pumps, which have reportedly caused 710 deaths in the past five years, and have been subject to 79 recalls since 2005 (news links to The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, Reuters).
- Guidant: Brian Nash’s perspective on the defective Guidant defibrillator settlement proposal.
- Fosamax: Apparently, the trial has been going on all week (HT: Shearlings Got Plowed).
- Sprint Fidelis Leads: Last week, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals heard arguments in Case no. 9-2290, Anna Bryant v. Medtronic. You can hear the recording here.
- Pfizer: The FDA issues a warning to Pfizer about clinical trials where children received excessive dosages of antipsychotics (HT: FiercePharma).
- Boston Scientific: The Guidant-purchaser is set to resume the sale of some defibrillators which were recalled last month after it notified the FDA that some paperwork wasn’t properly submitted. (see The Wall Street Journal (subscription required)).