Wright Medical Profemur Total Hip System appears to be a big part of the problem. The Wright Medical Profemur Hip Implant lawsuits allege that Wright Medical’s Conserve hip replacements have an unreasonably high failure rate and that metal debris cause tissue injury requiring replacement surgery. Specifically, these Wright hip replacement suits allege:
- The surface of the section of the neck that was inserted into the femoral stem was rough rather than polished thereby increasing the potential for failure
- Micro fretting of the neck in the confined space in conjunction with corrosion resulted in a failure of the neck;
- The portion of the neck that was inserted in the femoral stem was in a narrow, confined space, thereby increasing the potential for corrosion and failure;
- Micro fretting of the neck in the confined space resulted in fatigue failure of the neck;
- The neck combined with the rough surface of the portion of the neck that inserted into the femoral stem and the confined space that the portion of the neck that was inserted into the femoral stem was located combined to make the prosthesis unnecessarily prone to failure;
- The prosthesis was unreasonably dangerous in that the distal taper on the neck and/or the slot on the head of the stem was not of design tolerance, thereby allowing excessive movement which caused fretting and fatigue failure.
- The material used for the neck differed from the material used in the stem, thereby promoting corrosion and/or fretting;
- The material used in the neck was more subject to fatigue failure than the material used in the other components of the prosthesis
If you or a loved one have suffered from a failed or fractured Profemur Z hip implant, get a free case review at 800-553-8082 or get a free on-line Profemur Z hip implant case evaluation.